Finding your dream dress is such an exciting part of planning your wedding! After saying "yes" to your dress, you may be wondering what to expect next. If you purchased your gown with us, find more info below:
ONCE YOUR DRESS ARRIVES
Once we receive your dress, we will contact you to schedule a "Gown Viewing" appointment. At this appointment, you will be able to try on YOUR dress for the first time! Please note: this is not a first fitting appointment with the seamstress.
If you're still searching for your wedding day accessories, this is the perfect time to try them on with your gown and order them!
Due to limited storage, we are unable to store your gown until your alterations begin. Please make arrangements to take your gown with you before your Gown Viewing appointment.
Note: Gown storage is included if you chose our "Love is Sweet" or "Forever & Always" package at the time of your gown purchase. If you would like to upgrade your package to include gown storage, please contact your stylist and we will be happy to help!
ALTERING YOUR GOWN
We are happy to provide alterations services on your bridal gown! We offer alterations services exclusive to White Closet brides with experienced seamstresses.
There is no obligation to use our alterations services. You are more than welcome to use another seamstress of your choosing. For out of state brides, we are happy to recommend alterations services in your area.
Should you choose to use our alterations services, this is what you should expect:
- Alterations provided by us typically range between $350-$550. The total cost can be more or less depending on the work that needs to be done.
- If you would like to book a consultation appointment with the seamstress before deciding whether to use our alterations services, a $75 consultation fee will be due before the appointment. If you decide to use our services, the fee will be applied towards your alterations balance.
- We will contact you approximately 2 months prior to your wedding date to schedule your first fitting. You may also schedule your first fitting at your Gown Viewing appointment.
- Alterations on your gown will begin 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding date. If you need a special arrangement, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. All custom work alterations should be discussed with your consultant prior to scheduling.
- Alterations are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12pm - 7pm by appointment only. Appointments are dependent on the seamstress' availability.
- On average, you should expect to have 2-3 fittings with the seamstress.
- If you cancel an alterations appointment with less than 24 hours notice, a $25 cancellation fee may be applied.
- Shoes are imperative to your alterations. We are unable to start your alterations without your wedding day shoes. Please make sure to bring them to ALL fittings with the seamstress.
- If you change your shoes after the hem has been completed, please note that there will be an additional fee if the hem needs to be adjusted again.
- Alterations started 1 month or less before your wedding date will incur a $100 rush fee.
- If you are using our gown steaming services, your gown pick up is usually scheduled 2-3 days prior to your wedding date or travel date, unless other arrangements have been made. Otherwise, you will take your dress home at your final fitting.
Photo courtesy of Shauna & Jordon Photography
If you need additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. We are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have!
Don't forget to review us online, and WELCOME to The White Closet family!